Brecht's complex, multifaceted works have been digitised with the greatest care. The detailed coding with SGML (Standard Generalised Mark-Up Language) follows the standards previously used by Chadwyck-Healey as the basis for the conversion of Kafkas Werke - Kritische Ausgabe auf CD-ROM and Schillers Werke (Nationalausgabe).
The electronic edition enables the user to:
- access Brecht's works using a range of search tools
- explore the influence of Brecht's political work on the content and language of his poetry
- document Brecht's use of English terms and phrases in his works
- trace central themes through Brecht's works, such as the role of the worker in literature
- reconstruct the development of Brecht's theoretical approaches to the theatre as it is reflected in his drama
- find and check quotations quickly and easily
- create individual concordances and an electronic index of Brecht's works
The Search Literary Works page
The Context of Matches page
The Full Text page
Send your suggestions, comments or queries to our Webmaster.